- Gore-Tex Active Shell has a RET of less than 3 for outstanding breathability
- Size 12 weighs just 300g (10.6 oz)
- 3 layer construction with the liner integrated in to the Gore-Tex membrane, providing a smaller pack size and higher breathability
- DWR treated surface
- Mountain hood is fully adjustable
- Active cut with articulated and pre-shaped sleeves
- Stealth construction techniques used throughout
- YKK water resistant centre front zipper
- 2 Ventilated chest pockets with bonded pocket bags
- YKK underarm water resistant pit zips with laminated and bonded entry
- Adjustable cuffs and hem drawcord
- Supplied with stuff sack
Overview: If you’re travelling light but you still need full-on weather protection, and the Womens Firefox Jacket from Mountain Equipment fits the bill just nicely. Gore-Tex Active fabric provides a high combination of breathability for moving fast and waterproof protection that’s designed to keep the worst of the elements at bay. Easily stash-able and very lightweight, the Womens Firefox Jacket is perfect for those long, single days out on the hill when the weather turns bad. Water resistant pit zips and a pair of ventilated mesh chest pockets are all easily accessible while simple adjustments at the waist and cuffs help to batten down the hatches for a comfortable fit against the worst of the weather.
What we think: At 300g the Womens Firefox Jacket sits nicely in the lightweight division, but with its high performing Gore-Tex Active Shell fabric it’s heavy on breathability and waterproof protection; rolls up small and sits easy in or outside a small daypack.
Verdict: A perennial favourite of hill walkers everywhere, the Womens Firefox Jacket from Mountain Equipment provides high performance in breathability and protection; don’t venture out without one.